Video Gaming is now a multi-billion dollar industry and is one of the top entertainment industries in the world. It emerged in the 70s as technology became advanced and cheap. It is the first and foremost form of entertainment for most of the kids and even the middle-aged who were born in the 80s, for they grew up playing games in arcades and TVs.
The technology has evolved through arcade cabinets to handheld devices to the high tech consoles that we see today that has lasers and motion detectors so that gamers can play games by moving their body parts. Out of all these forms of gaming, the consoles are the most popular and in this article let us discuss one famous brand, the Sony PlayStation.
The Sony PlayStation was launched in 1994 and has gained immense popularity over the years. The PlayStation 4, the most famous version, is currently the fastest selling gaming console ever. It is popular solely because of the performance it offers and the wide variety of games it supports. For the sake of this article, let talk about one specific version of PlayStation, the PS4 and the best PS4 emulators for PC.
PS4 or PlayStation 4 is the eight generation from the PlayStation series and was launched in 2013 and there are over 74 million PS4 consoles in use as of December 2017. It is currently the latest one and is still being sold worldwide starting from 350 USD. It faced serious competition from Microsoft’s Xbox One yet managed to get a huge number of sales worldwide. The focus of this article is about the Best PS4 Emulators for PC and let us see that.
Best PS4 Emulators for PC
What are PS4 Emulators?
Emulators are any software that mimics other software. Emulators are used for bringing software or firmware from one kind of system to another. For example, there are ubuntu emulators available for the Windows operating system. Emulators are actually solutions for non-compatibility of software on another system.
PS4 emulators for PC are softwares that is installed on a Windows PC or Android smartphone and are able to play games that are designed exclusively for the PlayStation 4. They bring the games o a larger more common device.
Here is why some people find the PS4 emulators useful and why it is famous around the world.
- It is used by people who cannot afford to spend 350 USD on a gaming console.
- PS4 emulators for PC are used by people who have a powerful PC and want to try PlayStation games on it.
- It is used by people who own a PS3 or XBOX and want to try out a game that is exclusive for the PS4 console.
Features of PS4 Emulators for PC:
- Completely free: PS4 emulators for PC are completely free to download and available on the internet easily.
- Easy to install: Installing PS4 emulators are fairly simple and straightforward.
- No advertisements: There are no ads inside the emulators so nothing will interrupt your gaming.
- Free availability of games: Most of the games that are made for the PS4 are available for free on the internet.
Best PS4 Emulators for PC [and How To Install Them Easily]
Now let us introduce you to two of the most popular PS4 emulators that are currently available for PC.
This is currently the best PS4 emulator available for PC. We recommend you use this one.
Minimum System Requirments needed to install the PCSX4 PS4 emulator are:
- 64bit Windows 7, 8.1, 10 with .net framework 3.5 and VC++2015
- DirectX 11.1 platform update KB2670838-x64 for Windows 7 users
- CPU with at least 4 cores and SSE-4.2 and AVX.
Intel: Core-i5 3xxx and later is supported.
AMD: FX-41xx and later is supported.
- GPU: Any AMD/NVIDIA/Intel Direct 3D 11.1 and Pixel shader model 5.0.
Nvidia: GeForce GTX 660 or higher is required.
AMD: AMD Radeon 7870 or higher is required.
- RAM: 4 GB Minimum, 6 is recommended.
Here are the steps to install PCSX4 Emulator on a Windows PC:
- First things first, download the installation file for the PCSX4 emulator from here.
- Save it to your PC and double click on the .zip file to open it and extract it.
- Click on the installation file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Run the PCSX4 software as “Admin”.
- Extract and copy .pdix to your PCSX4 folder.
- Create a PCSX4 account by doing this.
PCSX4 > Manage PCSC4 account > “Register”
- Sign-in and link your PDIX to this account.
- Done! You have successfully installed the PCSX4 emulator for PC.
PlayStation 4 Emulator
Second best PS4 emulator out there. Try this only if you don’t like PCSX4
Minimum System Requirments needed to install the PlayStation 4 Emulator are:
- Windows 8.1 and Later.
- CPU: 2.50 GHz Intel/AMD Processor or higher.
- GPU: Any AMD/NVIDIA/Intel Direct X 10 GPU with 1GB of Memory and Pixel shader model 3.0
- RAM: 2 GB or more.
- OS X Yosemite or OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster.
- RAM: 2 GB or more.
- Search and find the installation file for the PlayStation 4 emulator from the internet.
- Double click on the .exe file to open it like normal programs.
- Install it the usual way by following the instructions.
- Click on finish to install the PlayStation 4 Emulator for PC.
How to install PS4 games on PCSX4 Emulator?
Once you get the PCSX4 emulator ready, here is how you load PS4 games into it.
- You can either use a PS4 game disc or download the ISO file from the internet and mount it. Many ISO files are free to download on the internet.
- You need to install the game cache.
- Emulation > Install game cache form BD-ROM
- Now Select disk drive, cache folder and click on the button that says “Install game cache”.
- This will take some moments.
- Now, Go to “Emulation > Open saved cache”.
- From here you can choose the game you just loaded.
Conclusion: Top PS4 Emulators for PC
In this post, we have discussed at length about the top PS4 Emulators for PC that are available now. We are sure a lot of readers like you will find this post useful when they look for ways to play PS4 games on PC. You can always comment your queries below, happy to help.