Video Gaming as an industry evolved significantly in the 1970’s due to the advancement in computing technology such as the cathode ray tube and grew into the multi-trillion dollar industry that it is today. Video Gaming is still the favourite kind of entertainment among the youth of the world. It has even become a thing a family does together in their spare time.
Through small low tech gaming gadgets to arcade cabinets to handheld devices to the high tech consoles of today that can even detect the motion of gamers, the technology has evolved through several dozens of form factors. One such form factor is the Gaming Console, and the most famous brand of a gaming console is the Sony PlayStation.
The Sony PlayStation launched back in 1994 has sold millions of units worldwide. The PlayStation 4, in fact, sold over 1 million units on the first day and is the fastest selling gaming console in all of history. All of these are because of the device’s functionalities, the games it can play and the name it has earned over the years. In this article, we are going to talk about one specific version of PlayStation, the PS3 and the best PS3 emulators for PC. PS3 or PlayStation 3 was launched in 2006 and there are over 80 million consoles in use as of 2013. It was well received and the users were quite satisfied with it. Games such as Grand Theft Auto IV, Final Fantasy XIII helped selling a good number of PS3s in the market. The focus of this article is about the Top PS3 Emulators for PC and let us get to that.
Best PS3 Emulators for PC
What are PS3 Emulators?
Emulators are basically any programs that imitate the working of some other program or device. They are substitutions or alternatives that bring functionalities of one platform to another platform. PS3 emulators for PC are basically programs that let users play games that are made for PlayStation 3 on other devices such as Windows PC or Android smartphones.
So a question arises, why would someone go for a PS3 emulator instead of the real PlayStation 3?
The PS3 emulators are mainly used by those who cannot afford to spend $499 on gaming consoles. Those people can make use of the PS3 emulators on a PC and enjoy the awesome games. It is also useful for people who upgraded to the latest PlayStation or users of other consoles such as the XBOX to get a taste of games made for the PS3.
Features of PS3 Emulators for PC:
- Free of cost: One can enjoy the PS3 games without spending a single penny.
- Simple and easy installation procedure.
- Free games: Unlike the original console, where you have to pay for the games, emulator compatible versions of all the popular games are available for free download on the internet.
- Free of advertisements: There are none of the annoying ads that normally accompanies any free software
Top PS3 Emulators for PC And How To Install Them
If you are looking to download PS3 emulators for PC, here are the ones you should use:
This is our first choice when it comes to PS3 emulators. It is only available for Windows OS. The download file has a file size of 90MB but is worth it. It is free to download and install from the official website.
Minimum System Requirments needed to install the ESX-PS3 emulator:
- Windows 7 and Later.
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel/AMD Processor or higher with SSE3.
- GPU: Any AMD/NVIDIA/Intel Direct X 10 GPU with 1GB of Memory and Pixel shader model 3.0
- RAM: 1 GB on Win 7/8/10 32-Bit, 2GB on Win 7/810 64-Bit
- First things first, get the installation file for the ESX PS3 emulator for PC from here.
- Save it to your PC and double click on the .exe file to open it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
- Click on finish to successfully install the ESX-PS3 emulator for PC.
RPCS3 is second in our list of the Best PS3 emulator for PC. The developer of RPCS3 claims 180 games can be played perfectly and more than 500 games can be played with glitches. It is available for both Windows and Linux.
Minimum System Requirments needed to install the RPCS3 emulator for PC:
- PC with OS Windows 7 64-bit or greater / Linux 64-bit.
- Modern x64 processor with SSSE3 support.
- GPU which supports OpenGL 4.3 or greater.
- Minimum of 4GB of RAM. 8GB or greater is recommended.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
- Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime.
- To get the executable installation file for the RPCS3 emulator, go here.
- Save the .exe file to your PC and double-click on it to open it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions very carefully.
- Finally, click on finish to successfully install the RPCS3 emulator for PC.
How to install PS3 games on PS3 Emulators?
Now that you know which emulator to get and how to install it, let us see where to get the game files for PS3 emulators for PC and how to play them.
If you were using the original PS3 console you will be needed to spend some bucks on the games as well. But in the case of PS3 emulators, the game files are available for free download on the internet. One disadvantage is that not all games will be available in the emulator and there could be glitches in the available ones.
Steps to install games on PS3 emulators:
- Go to google and do a search like this:
- FInd the game file and download it to your PC.
- Open your desired emulator.
- Inside the emulator, Go to file> Select game. (Menus will depend on the emulator used)
- Choose the downloaded ISO file
- Play the game.
Conclusion: Best PS3 Emulators for PC
In this article, we have seen some of the best PS3 Emulators for PC available now. These emulators are for those who cannot afford the real thing or just wants to go back to an older version of games. Hope the article helped you. Comment your queries below.