OnePlus One, the previous year’s flagship killer reportedly exploded while charging and caught on fire. Reports come from a OnePlus One user who shared this news on Facebook (Ankur Dugar) last day evening. The incident happened yesterday morning (28/08/2015). Read on for what happened and pictures :
As usual, he kept his phone on charging bed side while going to sleep. He kept it around 2AM and went to sleep. He woke up to the smell of fire around 9AM the next morning, and saw the phone at fire. He threw away the phone from the bed and he explains he was lucky enough to escape the tragedy if he didn’t wake up to the fire in phone.
You can imagine what would have happened if he didn’t wake up at the right time. We’re attaching the photos of the burnt flagship killer below, take a look :
As you can see, there’s a very big circular burn in the front and the backside of the phone is fully burnt and the battery is exposed. What this suggest is that the cause of the explosion might be from battery (which is most likely, as we’re seen on previous cases) or failure in the SoC. Both ways, OnePlus have got a lot to explain now.
What’s more amusing and engaging is the reply he got from OnePlus customer care team :
Complaint number : 40511
Go to service centre, if your replacement is approved, you’ll get a replacement.
What the heck? :/
He got one more reply from the OnePlus team, which was :
Complaint number : 40739
Nothing can be done more than replacement.
Yeah, that explains a lot about the customer service quality of the company.
Who is to be blamed?
Blame has to be on the user and on the company. First of all, the company customer service proved itself pathetic on being careless on such an incident. And we urge OnePlus to take immediate action on that and compensate the user with appropriate measures. Also they’ll now have to explain why this thing happened.
And coming to user, first of all, we smartphone users shouldn’t over charge the phone, it’s not good for the battery of the phone. More over this kind of incidents can happen. And also, you shouldn’t keep the phone charging beside your head on bed while charging. Think of what might have happened to Ankur if he didn’t woke up.
What’s your reaction? Comment below on what you think on this story.