The MIUI 10 was recently unveiled at Xiaomi’s Annual launch event with the Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 Explorers Edition and the Mi 8 SE. With these three smartphones the Chinese manufacturer also announced the release of an MIUI 10 China Developer’s ROM.
Here on this page, we show you how to download and install MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi phone. But be aware of this fact that some of these ROMs in this page listed are leaked (as XDA claims). So proceed with caution.
How to Download & Install MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi/Redmi Phone Now?
Now we have two options, either we wait till a Global Beta version has been launched or install the Chinese Beta ROM which is only possible Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 5, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, or the Xiaomi Mi Note 2. The reason for this is that the MIUI 10 update is not available publicly yet and has only leaked online.
The update is in closed beta testing right now. However, don’t make the China word mislead you, the language can be easily set from Mandarin to English and Google apps can be installed too.
Make a backup of all your data before installing to prevent any data loss. Follow the following steps below to install MIUI 10 beta on your device:
- You need to download and install ADB (Android Debug Bridge). The steps are different for Mac OS and Windows, so do a bit of research before installing. Follow this article from XDA-developers for further research.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer.
- Now you have to install TWRP recovery on your phone, you can use the links given below to download the required TWRP package for your phone:
- Now you have to download the Google Apps package:
- And the right MIUI 10 build for your phone from the links given below:
- Transfer the downloaded MIUI 10 ROM package along with the Google Apps package from your PC to your device.
- Now you have to reboot the bootloader which can be done by first switching off your mobile and holding down the power key and volume keys simultaneously.
- Proceed to boot the TWRP which can be done by typing the command: fastboot boot/path/to/twrp.img (You have to replace the /path/to/twrp.img with the actual filename and location which you have downloaded to.)
- After booting on TWRP, tap on “Wipe” and then “swipe to factory reset” to do a factory reset. This feature can likely be skipped if you are already on the MIUI 9 Stable or Developer ROM’s but will be needed if you are on the MIUI 9 Global platform.
- After this just go to “Install” and proceed to the location where you have downloaded the MIUI 10 ROM. Select it and flash it.
- Also go back and flash Google Apps package too.
- After flashing them both, you have to do a reboot and you will boot into the MIUI 10.
- Enjoy the MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/ Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S/ Xiaomi Mi 5/ Xiaomi Mi 6/ Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro or the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Source: XDA developers
Conclusion: How to install MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi Phone
We hope you got what you wanted from this page and have installed the latest MIUI 10 on your phone now. Do let us know if you’ve any doubts regarding the same and if you faced any error on the comments section, we’ll try to help you!